Twitter pilots new 'Circle Jerk' feature that lets users tweet to select group
RichA
2022-05-07 08:43:58 UTC
Republicans are great.
Yahoo Finance’s Dan Howley joins the Live show to discuss
Twitter’s new ‘Circle’ feature.

Video Transcript
[MUSIC PLAYING]

AKIKA FUJITA: Twitter is testing the waters with a new feature
that gives users the option to share their tweets amongst a
select group of people. For a deeper dive on this, let's bring
in Yahoo Finance's Dan Howley. Twitter Circle is what we're
talking about.

DAN HOWLEY: Twitter Circle. You need more confusion on Twitter
because it's not confusing enough. And that might be why there's
not a lot of people on there. But to give you an idea of what
Twitter Circle is, think of it as a smaller version of Twitter,
right?

It's basically meant-- it's in testing right now. It's for iOS,
Android, web. They'll give you an invite if you manage to sneak
in. Or you can tell if you're on when you go to draft a tweet
and it asks you if you want to send it to a smaller group of
folks. Basically, what it is, is you can invite up to 150
people, or just sign them up to your circle. You can then send
tweets directly to that circle so that if you just want--

AKIKA FUJITA: It kind of feels like WhatsApp.

DAN HOWLEY: Kind of, yeah, right? Exact--

- Or GroupMe?

DAN HOWLEY: Yeah.

- It could be like GroupMe.

DAN HOWLEY: Or any, like, other social networks.

[LAUGHING]

And so you'll be able to send out tweets. You can discuss
whatever you want. It will not show up on your main feed. It
will not show up on any of your followers main feeds. They can
retweet you, but only those tweets-- or those tweets will only
show up in the circle.

- Right.

DAN HOWLEY: So it'll never leave that area unless someone
screenshots it or copy and pastes it or whatever. So it's meant
to be a place where you can feel more comfortable talking, I
guess. But, you know, I mean, I don't know what I would say on
Twitter that I wouldn't really say outside of it.

- So I guess the use case for this is if it's large enough of a
community that you couldn't have just an iMessage group or a
text message thread. But it also has to be small enough that you
wouldn't just rely on Reddit or any other type of board to do
this. So do you think this is going to catch on? Because look,
we all remember Fleets, which I-- which, for the record, I was a
huge fan of. Super disappointing they killed it.

AKIKA FUJITA: I mean, it was such a short-lived feature.

- It was-- It was as fleeting as the product itself.

AKIKA FUJITA: Well, I mean, I wasn't-- it's too easy. I wasn't
going to go there. Yeah.

DAN HOWLEY: Look, I do think that there's-- there's some utility
here. I don't think that it's going to be a major product for
Twitter. And look, when Elon Musk comes in, you know, he might
just say, I don't know. This is dumb. We'll get rid of it.

So it may or may not last long. But my thinking is, you know,
I'm playing a game called "Elden Ring" right now, right? If I
want to talk exclusively about "Elden Ring," I can invite a
bunch of people, and then we could just chat about it, you know,
and I can--

- But there's Discord.

DAN HOWLEY: That's true. But I don't like Discord. I don't want
to talk to people. I don't want that. I want to just be able to
write to them. Don't talk to me.

AKIKA FUJITA: By the way, I saw a photo the other day of
somebody holding a sign that said, Elon, bring Vine back, which
I think a lot of people would be on board with. This idea,
though, you know, when you think back to what social media was--
right? I mean, obviously, Facebook started with colleges. But
something like Twitter, it was about connecting with people that
you don't know.

DAN HOWLEY: Right, on a smaller scale.

AKIKA FUJITA: You can connect with somebody on the other side of
the world. And it feels like because of the environment on
social media today, we're all turning inward again.

DAN HOWLEY: Yeah, I mean, look, I think that this kind of
feature is interesting in that it does allow you to connect with
people of similar interests, right? I think that for Twitter,
especially, I've said-- I said it yesterday. Twitter is just a
vast hellscape, right? And I-- I try to avoid it as much as
possible, except for work.

But, you know, if I had something like this where I could set up
a couple of circles for just friends, you know-- I have WhatsApp
groups already. But, you know, if I wanted to have people that
I'm not necessarily super close with, I could set up a circle
and then discuss things with them.

Here's the weird thing, though. Someone can add you, and you
can't leave the circle.

- Oh, interesting.

DAN HOWLEY: Right? So you have to then mute the circle, which I
don't really appreciate. The other thing is that you can just
kick someone out if you want, and they'll never know. So it
seems--

- Do people see if you're in a circle?

DAN HOWLEY: They can't see if you're in a circle that other
people aren't a part of. So you can see other people retweeting.

AKIKA FUJITA: It is about always being able to quietly back out.

- Well, I mean, you know.

DAN HOWLEY: Yeah, it's the exclusiveness, right? And you can--
you can say, you know, OK, I'm part of a circle. I tweet
something or retweet something within the circle. I can see
other people that retweet it, but I can't know exactly who else
is in that circle with me. So it's-- it's very strange. It seems
like kind of a half-baked idea at this point. But I do see that
the utility of it to a degree.

AKIKA FUJITA: Well, the idea being that Twitter still wants
people on the platform, but not necessarily experience the
hellscape that you have described--

- The landos, the eggs.

AKIKA FUJITA: --on the platform.

- Yeah

DAN HOWLEY: Yeah.

AKIKA FUJITA: I actually would argue that-- I mean, maybe my
Twitter feed is more curated than yours. Because I--

DAN HOWLEY: Mine is a wreck.

AKIKA FUJITA: I would much rather have tweets and read tweets
from people I don't know. Because to me, that opens it up to
other conversation.

- And that brings up, like, is this going to silo things
further. But, you know, it's an interesting product. We'll see
if it sticks. For what it's worth, I'm going to start a, "The
Batman" was actually bad--

DAN HOWLEY: Whoa!

- --circle. Yep.

DAN HOWLEY: I'm out of here.

- And you're not-- you're not invited, Dan Howley.

DAN HOWLEY: I'm leaving.

https://news.yahoo.com/twitter-pilots-circle-feature-lets-
160616248.html
Fuck You Libtards
2022-05-07 09:04:01 UTC
In article <5f13b2a2-b251-4bcf-8470-
Republicans kill twitter.
Who will become CEO of Twitter after Elon Musk buys it?
According to a new report, it may be Musk himself — temporarily,
at least.

When Musk's deal to acquire the social media company officially
closes, he's expected to serve as CEO of Twitter "for a few
months," CNBC reports.

Parag Agrawal is the current CEO of Twitter, having taken over
for Jack Dorsey in November 2021. But Reuters recently reported
Musk has already lined up a new chief executive for the company,
a person whose identity he hasn't revealed. Musk, who is CEO of
SpaceX and Tesla, previously said he lacked confidence in
Twitter's current leadership.

Meanwhile, Musk revealed Thursday has raised over $7 billion in
new funding for his purchase of Twitter, with $1 billion from
Oracle founder Larry Ellison. He'll be buying the company for
about $44 billion, though the acquisition is not yet final.

Since the deal was announced, Musk has provided several glimpses
into his plans for the company, this week suggesting commercial
or government accounts may have to pay a "small fee" to use
Twitter. Dorsey, Twitter's co-founder and former CEO, has
expressed support for Musk. Putting aside the fact that "I don't
believe anyone should own or run Twitter," Dorsey said Musk is
the "singular solution I trust."

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-reportedly-become-ceo-
160529396.html
Saving America, Really?
2022-08-02 23:35:38 UTC
In article <t249kv$3ccq7$***@news.freedyn.de>
forging asshole <***@gmail.com> wrote:
This is one sad country when the leadership sends a homosexual
pedophile advocate to represent the USA.

Nancy Pelosi is a gay pedophile activist. She has been a gay
pedophile activist since she arrives in California from
Baltimore.
Democrat worm food
2022-08-11 08:24:59 UTC
Democrat Bruce Reinhart is a child molester and the FBI knows it.
The Florida federal magistrate judge who signed off on a search
warrant authorizing the FBI raid of former President Donald
Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort left the local US Attorney’s office
more than a decade ago to rep employees of convicted pedophile
Jeffrey Epstein who had received immunity in the long-running
sex-trafficking investigation of the financier.

Sources tell The Post that Judge Bruce Reinhart approved the
warrant that enabled federal agents to converge on the palatial
South Florida estate on Monday in what Trump called an
“unannounced raid on my home.”

Reinhart was elevated to magistrate judge in March 2018 after 10
years in private practice. That November, the Miami Herald
reported that he had represented several of Epstein’s employees
— including, by Reinhart’s own admission to the outlet,
Epstein’s pilots; his scheduler, Sarah Kellen; and Nadia
Marcinkova, who Epstein once reportedly described as his
“Yugoslavian sex slave.”

Kellen and Marcinkova were among Epstein’s lieutenants who were
granted immunity as part of a controversial 2007 deal with
federal prosecutors that allowed the pervert to plead guilty to
state charges rather than federal crimes. Epstein wound up
serving just 13 months in county jail and was granted work
release.

According to the outlet, Reinhart resigned from the South
Florida US Attorney’s Office effective on New Year’s Day 2008
and went to work for Epstein’s cohorts the following day.
Epstein, who was found dead in August 2019 of an apparent
suicide in the Manhattan Correctional Center while awaiting
trial on federal sex-trafficking charges, had hired a stable of
high-powered lawyers, including former independent counsel
Kenneth Starr.

Reinhart was later named in a civil lawsuit that accused him of
violating Justice Department policies by switching sides in the
middle of the Epstein investigation, suggesting he had used
inside information about the probe to build favor with the
notorious defendant, the Herald reported in 2018.

In a 2011 affidavit, Reinhart denied he had done anything
improper and insisted that since he was not involved in the
federal investigation of Epstein, he was not privy to inside
information about the case.

However, in a 2013 court filing, Reinhart’s former colleagues
contradicted him, saying that he had “learned confidential, non-
public information about the Epstein matter.” Reinhart noted to
the Herald in response that a complaint filed against him by a
lawyer for Epstein’s victims had been dismissed by the Justice
Department.

In his 12 years as a federal prosecutor, according to his
official biography, Reinhart “managed a docket that covered the
full spectrum of federal crimes, including narcotics, violent
crimes, public corruption, financial frauds, child pornography
and immigration.”

Reinhart is one of three federal magistrate judges in the West
Palm Beach offices of the US District Court for the Southern
District Court of Florida, along with William Matthewman and
Ryon McCabe.

Two recent warrant applications were assigned to Reinhart and
entered into the court system on Monday, the Miami Herald
reported, but those warrants and information about who they
targeted remain sealed. Records show another warrant was issued
by Reinhart on Friday, but its contents were also sealed.

Trump confirmed media reports of a raid at his Florida resort on
Monday evening, saying Mar-a-Lago was “under siege, raided, and
occupied by a large group of FBI agents.”

The agents were reportedly searching the seaside property for
boxes of classified documents Trump allegedly brought to the
ritzy resort after he left the White House in January 2021,
which would be a violation of federal record-keeping laws.

The National Archives and Records Administration said in
February that it found classified documents in 15 boxes at Mar-a-
Lago and alerted the FBI.

The removal of classified documents to unauthorized locations is
banned under federal law, although Trump had wide powers when he
was president to declassify documents.

The raid on Mar-a-Lago comes amid the House select committee’s
continuing investigation into Trump’s role in the Jan. 6, 2021,
attack on the US Capitol as Congress met to certify the 2020
presidential election results.

A federal grand jury is also investigating the riot and Trump’s
efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Comments:

Sigmund Latarski
4 hours ago

No longer a swamp. It's quicksand. Look at all the dubious
connections between Judges, FBI administrators, Foreign
entities, elected officials, etc.. We do indeed have a very
corrupt government that is slowly eroding the foundations of
America and they are on the brink of winning. Trump is a man
they have feared since he ran for President and continue to fear
thus seeking to completely destroy him. The American people
better wake up and take control of their government and rid it
of the criminals currently in the majority.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/09/judge-who-approved-fbi-raid-on-mar-
a-lago-once-linked-to-jeffrey-epstein/
Governor Swill
2022-08-20 09:27:59 UTC
Lying Democrats should be exterminated.
With the mainstream media in thrall with covering recent mass
shootings, they have ignored another one that never happened.
The event was covered by MetroNews out of Charleston, West
Virginia, on Thursday: “There was a shooting last night in
Charleston after a man opened fire at a party at an apartment
complex.”

The shooter, Dennis Butler, was stopped by local police for
speeding through the apartment complex. He returned later with a
semi-automatic rifle and began shooting indiscriminately at a
crowd of people celebrating the graduation of a young person in
the complex.

When two police officers arrived, they confronted Butler, who
fired a shotgun at them, wounding them and taking them both out
of action. A woman carrying concealed confronted Butler, who
received fire from her and died at the scene.

Said Police Chief Tyke Hunt: “It looks like the person who fired
upon Mr. Butler does not have any reason to prohibit [her] from
carrying a firearm lawfully.” Chief of detectives Tony Hazelett
added: “Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the
threat and saved several lives last night.”

The incident doesn’t fit the media narrative: That NRA executive
vice president Wayne LaPierre is wrong when he declared in 2012
that “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good
guy with a gun.”

But, according to numerous sources, incidents such as
Charleston’s on Wednesday night happen millions of times every
year.

According to the Journal of Quantitative Criminology, armed
citizens use guns to defend themselves “at least 989,883 times”
every year. The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
published a study by scholars Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz that
revealed that gun owners use their legally owned firearms to
defend themselves an average of 1,884,348 times per year.

Another study, this one by the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC), estimated “annual defensive gun uses range
from about 500,000 to more than 3 million.”

Almost never mentioned in any of the media or in those studies,
however, is how often an armed citizen comes to the rescue of a
law-enforcement officer who is neutralized in a confrontation
with an armed suspect. For instance, in a residential area of
Maple Falls, Washington, two sheriff’s deputies responded to a
“shots fired” report on February 14. When they challenged the
shooter, he shot both of them, knocking them to the ground. Two
military veterans heard the commotion and the shots, put their
children inside, and confronted the shooter. The shooter was
arrested and charged with a felony, and his bail was set at $5
million.

Whatcom County Sheriff Bill Elfo said: “We are extraordinarily
blessed that [these] armed citizens came to the deputies’
assistance at the critical moments when they were most
vulnerable.”

Last October, in Tonopah, Arizona, a suspect accused of
critically wounding a Maricopa County sheriff’s deputy was
captured after a homeowner shot him.

Similar instances of armed citizens coming to the aid of law-
enforcement officers are reported at length by John Lott’s Crime
Prevention Research Center.

Also left unreported by any media is the number of times an
individual with criminal intent is deterred not just by the
presence of an armed citizen, but by the mere suggestion that
the citizen might be armed. As horrific as the recent mass
shootings are, one needs to balance the mainstream media’s 24/7
blood-red coverage of those events with the fact that, without
armed citizens present, there would be many more such ghastly
atrocities being committed.

Related article:

Isn’t It About Time to Arm Teachers?

https://thenewamerican.com/national-media-ignore-mass-shooting-
prevented-by-armed-citizen/
#Biden Economy Catastrophe
2022-11-22 15:36:50 UTC
Hunter is daddy's little bitch boy.
Hunter Biden began a scandalous affair with his late brother’s
widow after a marriage counselor recommended that they spend
time “grieving” together, his ex-wife reveals in her forthcoming
memoir.

Following the tragic brain cancer death of Beau Biden in May
2015, Hunter Biden began working “to set up the Beau Biden
Foundation with Hallie [Biden] and his parents,” excerpts from
Kathleen Buhle’s “If We Break,” published Wednesday by People
magazine, reveal.

“But he started spending most of his time at Hallie’s house. Our
therapist told me Hunter needed to be up there, helping Hallie,”
Buhle, 53, recalls.

“‘But what about his sobriety?’ I asked her. ‘He needs routine.
He needs to be home with us.'”

The counselor, however, “held firm that being with Hallie and
her kids was an important part of Hunter’s grieving,” Buhle
writes.

Buhle threw Hunter Biden out of their house after finding a
crack pipe in an ashtray the following summer — and after his
admission that he’d cheated on her with prostitutes while
traveling abroad as part of his controversial overseas business
dealings.

In “If We Break,” set for release on June 14, Buhle also details
how she learned about her husband’s illicit romance with Hallie
Biden after their daughters discovered shocking text messages
between them on his cellphone.

Buhle says she got “the kind of call that tightens every
parent’s chest” on a Sunday morning in November 2016 when middle
daughter Finnegan phoned in tears while visiting their family
therapist, identified as “Debbie.”

After driving to Debbie’s house, “I went straight through to the
sunroom and found Finnegan curled in a chair, holding a pillow
while she wept,” Buhle writes.

With older sister Naomi on a speakerphone, Buhle recalls,
Finnegan asked Debbie to explain why she was so upset.

“Debbie looked me in the eye and calmly said, ‘Kathleen,
Hunter’s having an affair with Hallie,'” Buhle writes.

“I could see Finnegan’s face relaxing now that the secret was
out and I hadn’t fallen apart. If anything, I felt a strange
vindication. Not only had I not been crazy, but it was so much
worse than I could have imagined.”

Page Six exclusively revealed the shocking, intra-family
infidelity the following March.

Hunter Biden later told The New Yorker magazine that his dad,
President Joe Biden, only learned about his affair with Hallie
Biden when Page Six reached out for comment.

“I said, ‘Dad, Dad, you have to.’ He said, ‘Hunter, I don’t know
if I should. But I’ll do whatever you want me to do,’” the
scandal-scarred first son recalled.

In a statement, the then-vice president told Page Six, “We are
all lucky that Hunter and Hallie found each other as they were
putting their lives together again after such sadness. They have
mine and Jill’s full and complete support and we are happy for
them.”

Buhle and Hunter Biden separated in October 2015 and she later
filed for divorce, accusing him of “spending extravagantly on
his own interests (including drugs, alcohol, prostitutes, strip
clubs, and gifts for women with whom he has sexual relations),
while leaving the family with no funds to pay legitimate bills.”

The case was settled in April 2017, with Buhle telling People
that she’s since “forgiven him” and revealing that she was
diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer after their divorce but has
been cancer-free for the past four years.

Buhle also reportedly said she doesn’t receive alimony from
Hunter Biden and has nothing to tell the federal grand jury
that’s reportedly investigating the first son for possible tax
evasion, money laundering and violations of lobbying laws.

“Whether or not I’m questioned, I couldn’t be of any help,” she
told People.

“I kept my head so deeply buried in the sand on our finances.”

https://nypost.com/2022/06/01/hunter-bidens-ex-kathleen-buhle-
dishes-on-affair-with-sister-in-law-hookers-and-drugs-in-new-
memoir/