MSNBC Pushes Debunked Conspiracy Theory that Trump Wasn't Shot, Glass
Ubiquitous
2024-07-18 01:05:03 UTC
Despite the graphic photographic evidence from different angles showing
former President Trump was missing chunks of his right ear after being shot
in the head during a failed assassination attempt over the weekend, MSNBC
host Michael Steele wasted oxygen during the network's coverage of Night Two
of the Republican National Convention on Tuesday to spew debunked fringe
conspiracy theories claiming Trump wasn't actually hit by a bullet.

"Where I am at this point, it's been three days, going on four.and yet, we
have not received a medical report from the hospital nor have we received a
medical report from the campaign or from the Trump organization about the
extent of the damage to his ear," he decried.

Steele, who's not a ballistics expert nor was he pro-gun rights in any
meaningful way, bloviated about how "If he was shot by a high-caliber bullet,
there should probably be very little ear there. And so we would like to know
that."

The failed former Republican National Committee chairman seemed to be relying
on flawed Hollywood movie logic to educate himself on how firearms and
ballistics worked.

We don't know what type of ammo was being used. If he was using something
with a soft tip, it's possible that the thinness and flexibility of an ear
wouldn't give enough resistance for a bullet to flatten or cause cavitation.
If he was using a full metal jacket, the bullet would likely just pass right
through as if it were nothing there, even if other parts of the body were
hit. Both would still damage the area it passed through.

He went on to falsely speculate that Trump may not have even been hit by a
bullet: "Was it caused by a bullet as opposed to some reports from those on
the scene, other reporters, saying that it was actually shards of glass from
the teleprompter itself, not the bullet?"

One of the liberal media's favorite fact-checkers, Snopes even debunked the
nonsense Steele was peddling. "The assertion that glass, not a bullet, caused
the injury is undercut by the fact that photographs show no damage to the
teleprompters allegedly hit to produce the broken glass, by a New York Times
photograph capturing a bullet passing by Trump's ear," they wrote. They cited
Getty Images used by USA Today to show that both teleprompters were
completely intact.

Co-host Ari Melber followed up by suggesting that the need to know the
medical condition of Trump's ear somehow matched the need to know President
Biden's cognitive state:

While there's a certain amount of time that could be understandable
for any medical scenario, the calls around the current president's
medical condition, the questions around his capacity, are also the
same questions you have in a medical event like this. Certainly the
public would want to know as much as possible about both incidents,
and the Trump campaign has not been the most transparent.

A few minutes later, Steele lashed out at his former party and suggested that
they didn't want the race for the White House to be about ideas, but rather
"a narrative around victimhood and martyrdom."

"And that's what Republicans want it to be about, the age of the 81-year-old
president, and the martyrdom of the man who wants to be a dictator. So,
that's the context for me," he chided.

The transcript is below. Click "expand" to read:

MSNBC's The Reid Out
July 16, 2024
7:12:07 p.m. Eastern

:(.)
:
:MICHAEL STEELE: Where I am at this point, it's been three days, going on
:four since this horrific event occurred, a person lost their live, two have
:been severely injured. And yet, we have not received a medical report from
:the hospital nor have we received a medical report from the campaign or from
:the Trump organization about the extent of the damage to his ear.
:
:If he was shot by a high-caliber bullet, there should probably be very
:little ear there. And so we would like to know that. Is there cosmetic
:surgery involved? What is the prognosis for recovery? Were there stitches?
:What is the extent and nature of the damage to his ear? Was it caused by a
:bullet as opposed to some reports from those on the scene, other reporters,
:saying that it was actually shards of glass from the teleprompter itself,
:not the bullet.
:
:So, there are a lot of questions around that ear! And yet, there's been no
:response to that. Instead, just showing the image of the man coming in to
:the hall with the wounded ear. So, that's the politics.
:
:ARI MELBER: Let me jump in on that and then we'll continue. We're looking
:at that photo. Michael Steele is correct. While there's a certain amount
:of time that could be understandable for any medical scenario, the calls
:around the current president's medical condition, the questions around his
:capacity, are also the same questions you have in a medical event like this.
:
:Certainly the public would want to know as much as possible about both
:incidents, and the Trump campaign has not been the most transparent. So, I
:think getting medical records and briefing on that at some point would be
:appropriate. That's what journalists often ask for.
:
:(.)
:
:7:15:03 p.m. Eastern
:
:STEELE: Well, you know, the reality of it is I don't think Republicans want
:it to be about a contest between two sets of ideas in the terms of policy.
:One is a narrative around victimhood and martyrdom, the other is a narrative
:around the age of an 81-year-old man and his ability to serve. That's what
:both Democrats seemingly want it to be about because that's all they seem
:to be talking about, is the age of the 81-year-old president. And that's

Let's go Brandon!
pothead
2024-07-19 15:47:58 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
MSDNC has always been far left wing but lately they have literally gone off the rails. At least CNN
is attempting to be 'reasonable', at least for them.
I've noticed that the talking points between the libby media outlets are not so much in lock step
with each other anymore.
Prior to Biden cratering a viewer could literally switch from MSDNC to CNN and not miss a word
because both were using the same exact wording in their talking points.
Things are a bit different these days.

Personally if I were running MSDNC I would clean house of all the bottom feeders, which is most of
the on air personalities and guest.
Steve Kornacki is fine and Stephanie Ruhle might be redeemable but the rest of them should
be fired.
--
pothead
Joe Biden is the absolute WORST President Of the U.S. ever.
Vote for ANYBODY but Joe Biden in 2024.
Governor Swill
2024-07-20 12:23:12 UTC
Post by pothead
Personally if I were running MSDNC I would clean house of all the bottom feeders, which is most of
the on air personalities and guest.
"If I were king ..."

Swill
TruthBarker
2024-07-20 15:56:08 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by pothead
Personally if I were running MSDNC I would clean house of all the bottom feeders, which is most of
the on air personalities and guest.
"If I were king ..."
Swill
Trump's favorite song

The last supper!
Governor Swill
2024-07-28 02:19:45 UTC
Post by TruthBarker
Post by Governor Swill
Post by pothead
Personally if I were running MSDNC I would clean house of all the bottom feeders, which is most of
the on air personalities and guest.
"If I were king ..."
Swill
Trump's favorite song http://youtu.be/9sgMUFbdG84
The last supper!
Now THAT'S comedy!

#nevertrump

Lil dwarf Rudey
2024-07-20 17:24:51 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
"If I were king ..."
Swill

From: Governor Swill <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,or.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.atheism
Subject: Re: Will Joe Biden decide to have #FelonDon sanctioned -
because he has immunity?
<***@4ax.com> <v72aqc$ii07$***@dont-email.me>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2024 07:18:28 -0400

If trying to steal an election is an "official act", assassinating the
asshole who did it
should be too.

Swill

From: Governor Swill <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,pa.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Subject: Re: Deranged tranny tries to assassinate Trump, gets killed
instead.
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 10:43:39 -0400

... but the stupid bitch missed.

Swill

From: Governor Swill <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.elections
Subject: Re: Triumphant Trump Photo After Assassination Attempt
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 10:38:43 -0400

Oh poor me I got shot at ...

Swill

From: Governor Swill <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.elections
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 10:37:51 -0400

Cheer up, maybe someone else will try.

Swill

From: J Carlson <***@gmx.com>
Newsgroups:
alt.politics.immigration,alt.politics.nationalism.white,talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: AP Lies by Ommission About Identity of Invaders Charged with
Rape, Murder of 12-Year-Old
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 12:35:52 -0700
alt.politics.nationalism.white:10913 talk.politics.misc:1295918
alt.fan.rush-limbaugh:3024985
Post by Governor Swill
No. I am a patriotic American who wants the country and its people to
thrive. Getting rid of Trump permanently
Post by Governor Swill
is an important step to getting there.

That constitutes a DEATH THREAT against a former President, Rudey:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/871
18 U.S. Code § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the
Presidency
U.S. Code
Notes
prev | next
(a)Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail
or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any
letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any
threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon
the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice
President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office
of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or
knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the
President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the
order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years,
or both.
(b)The terms “President-elect” and “Vice President-elect” as used in
this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful
candidates for the offices of President and Vice President,
respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections
held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in
accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The
phrase “other officer next in the order of succession to the office of
President” as used in this section shall mean the person next in the
order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3,
United States Code, sections 19 and 20.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 740; June 1, 1955, ch. 115, § 1, 69
Stat. 80; Pub. L. 87–829, § 1, Oct. 15, 1962, 76 Stat. 956; Pub. L.
97–297, § 2, Oct. 12, 1982, 96 Stat. 1318; Pub. L. 103–322, title
XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

9-65.200 - Threats Against the President and Successors to the
Presidency; Threats Against Former Presidents; and Certain Other Secret
Service Protectees
The Counterterrorism Section of the National Security Division has
supervisory authority over 18 U.S.C. §§ 871 and 879 cases. As great
caution must be taken in matters relating to the security of the persons
protected by 18 U.S.C. § 871, United States Attorneys are encouraged to
consult with the Counterterrorism Section (CTS) of the National Security
Division when they have doubts on the prosecutive merit of a case. For
the same reason, dismissal of complaints under 18 U.S.C. § 871, when the
defendant is in custody under the Mental Incompetency Statutes (18
U.S.C. §§ 4244, 4246), requires approval from CTS. In other cases,
United States Attorneys must consult prior to dismissing a count
involving, or entering into any sentence commitment or other case
settlement involving a § 871 charge.

https://www.secretservice.gov/newsroom/releases/2024/01/phoenix-man-arrested-making-online-death-threats-against-president-and

PHOENIX –David Michael Hanson, 41, of Phoenix, was arrested on Wednesday
for making online threats against the President and Vice-President.
Hanson was charged by Federal criminal complaint on Tuesday with five
counts of Threats Against the President and Successors to the Presidency
and five counts of Interstate Communication of Threats.

The complaint alleges that in November and December of 2023, while
living in Arizona, Hanson used a social media platform to post threats
to murder the President and Vice President of the United States. On
November 19, 2023, Hanson posted online a series of threatening
statements including one that stated, “#joeAndKamala I’m asking you to
resign on Monday your alternative is death brutally murdered.” After the
U.S. Secret Service spoke to Hanson and warned him that it was a Federal
crime to post such threats, on December 23, 2023, Hanson posted another
series of similar threats aimed at the President and Vice-President.

Each count of Threats Against the President and Successors to the
Presidency carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison, a fine of
up to $250,000, and up to three years of supervised release. Each count
of Interstate Communication of Threats carries a maximum sentence of
five years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000, and up to three years of
supervised release.

A complaint is simply a method by which a person is charged with
criminal activity and raises no inference of guilt. An individual is
presumed innocent until evidence is presented to a jury that establishes
guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The United States Secret Service is conducting the investigation in this
case. The United States Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona, is
handling the prosecution.

Those can be reported here:

https://tips.fbi.gov/home

https://www.justice.gov/action-center/report-crime-or-submit-complaint

https://www.secretservice.gov/contact

https://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something/reporting/california

Fellow citizens, won't you join in ending Rudey's terrorism here?

Mr. Man-wai Chang
Maybe a cigar UFO saved Mr. Trumps ear!? :)
NoBody
2024-07-20 13:33:00 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Is anyone surprised that "lowering the tone" did not include the
left?
pothead
2024-07-20 14:38:30 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
The left sure as hell cannot discuss Joe Biden's policies so instead they continue their attacks on
Trump.
It's not going to work this time though.
TruthBarker
2024-07-20 15:56:14 UTC
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Biden is discussing how dangerous Trump is for America, many democrats
are also saying the same thing.

It almost worked. As time goes on, there will be many more on rooftops.
Mitchell Holman
2024-07-20 18:43:33 UTC
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Bidens policies are so good even Republicans
are taking credit for them.

Republicans Are Taking Credit for
Infrastructure Bill They All Voted
Against